Saturday, July 20, 2013

Welcome to The Reader's Piegest!

Hi There!  Welcome to The Reader's Piegest!  I'm starting this blog at the suggestion of a few great friends who decided in their infinite wisdom that I should start writing more about my adventures in all things PIE!

Now, you're probably reading this thus far thinking "Seriously?  This guy's going to write about pie?  As in, just...well...pie?!?"  ABSOLUTELY!!  Because let's face it, most everyone happens to enjoy pie!  And frankly, I happen to really enjoy baking pie!

To begin with, I come from a line of truly amazing cooks & bakers:  grandmother, great-aunt, and mother.  The queen of them all, my great-grandmother, made an incredible impact on my interest in cooking.  Her pies were legendary in our family.  So much so, that at a young age, I went so far as to calling her "The Pie Lady."  It's in thanks to these great ladies, that I dedicate these posts and the results of plenty of pie.

If you think about it, the saying isn't exactly true:  "Easy as Pie."  In fact, most pies aren't.  Each component of a pie has its own element of complexity.  Like life.  Sometimes, our crusts don't turn out and our fillings don't set.  But like pie baking, when things work out, life is all the sweeter.  It's my hope that through these posts, pies, and ponderings that yours will be to!

So, that being said, let's get on with it!  Here's to some great pie & adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Delighted that you will share your passion and talents! Love you...and would live to glean some of your pie skills; I lack these almost completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to sharing the adventure. Do you need a taste tester? I'm available!

    ReplyDelete